Showcasing the Start-Up Nation
Global Start-Up Entrepreneurs come to Israel for StandWithUs Conference entitled LIL: "Learn Innovate Lead"
Participants from 12 different
countries with Israeli StandWithUs Fellows
Thirty up-and-coming entrepreneurs came to Israel to learn about Israel's business success story via the L.I.L --Learn - Innovate – Lead--Conference, hosted by StandWithUs Fellows of the Technion & Haifa University. It is part of StandWithUs Israel's summer of conferences, bringing influential people and up-and-coming future leaders to Israel, all hosted by Israeli young adult Fellows. Designed to highlight a positive aspect of Israel for a world audience, these projects culminate a year of training that empower top Israeli students to be informed, articulate, globally-minded ambassadors for Israel and to assume leadership roles.
Participants arrived from 12 different countries including South America, South Africa, Europe, Asia and North America.
The four-day conference focused on Israeli hi-tech success and included tours and workshops for young entrepreneurs from around the world, showcasing Israel as the Start-Up nation. It was, in the words of Rohit Taneja, a participant from India: "A unique journey through an inspiring country".
Pictured: Conference meeting with a young entrepreneur who found success in Israel after trying his start-up idea worldwide
Participants met with leading Israeli entrepreneurs and experts to learn about Israeli high-tech achievements. Speakers and tours included:
• Former head of the Energy Ministry and pioneer of many start-ups as well as the innovator of ICQ software, Yossi Vardi
• Moshe Kaplinsky, CEO of Better Place, former Deputy Chief of Staff who is now spearheading the electric car company
• On site-visit to Google Israel, Insight Tech and Jerusalem Venture Partners
• CEO of up-and-coming start-up Fiverr.com
• Prof. Husam Hayek, inventor of the 'electronic nose', a medical start-up invention to detect cancer, based at the Technion
The conference opened great opportunities for networking and for inspiring these future global business leaders to engage with Israel. In addition, bonds have been made with the Israeli Fellows that will last a lifetime.
Pictured: Participants make a human
Star of David on their visit to Israel!
Pictured: Site visits to Better Place
Electric Cars, Ebay Israel and Google Israel